Thursday, April 3, 2014

Thing 20

                For Thing 20, the activity was to choose a video off YouTube and add it to my blog. I found this to be one of the easier activities as the YouTube site is one that I visit often, but mainly for music purposes. The video that I chose is on the concept of ‘flipping’ a classroom. I chose this video as it is a concept I haven’t heard discussed before. I fell in love with the idea of ‘flipping’ the classroom after watching this video. I also found lots of videos from other teachers on ways to make the flip easier. I think that it is great that teachers are so willing to help each other learn ways to teach more quickly and effectively.

                  The tool that I chose is from the website Buzzuka. This is the link http://www.go2web20.net/site/?a=Buzzuka. The idea of this website is to create a thirty minute pitch for advertising companies. One thing that it boast is to take Einstein’s Theory of Relativity and shrink it into a thirty second clip to which others understand.  One way that I could use this site in my classroom is to have students present on their outside class reading using these thirty second clips. I believe we could get through a whole class worth of presentation in one period at that speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment