Thursday, February 27, 2014

Thing 14

When looking at the different styles of flowcharts and maps that Web 2.0 has to offer, I immediately gravitated towards the bubbl .com maps. I went through the examples that the website had to offer, and the examples that were shown immediately fit a need for my classroom. The first example was a visual map of ways to describe dogs. I started thinking of how I could use this style of mapping for every part of speech that is used in multiple ways. The second example was a map process of the steps to writing that include prewriting, drafting, etc. Obviously, this is something I could use in my classroom. I could blow it up for a poster, or use it as a handout for starting a writing lesson. The second tool that I chose was also a mind map through mindmeister.com. I felt I could use this one in the classroom as well. In one of my observation classrooms, the teacher had a lesson in which the students would have an open discussion over chapters that were read for the week. She did little to steer the discussion, and the students were simply openly discussing the book. There was no note taking. I felt that I would use this open debate in my classroom. I could see myself using this website while the students were openly discussing the topic, and then using the presentation mode during the next discussion to refresh the class of what was discussed last time. I did not see much use for flow charts in my field.

No comments:

Post a Comment