Sunday, February 2, 2014

Thing 6



When going through the large list of websites for Web 2.0, I became slightly overwhelmed by the vast amount of technology at my fingertips. Instead of doing a blank stare at the overwhelming list, I decided to just start clicking at random and not judge an app by its icon. There were quite a few websites that were more for a person’s interest, and there were quite a few sites that I could see myself using in the classroom.
One of the websites I could visualize in my classroom is http://www.heapnote.com/. This website is a virtual planner. A heap note has a month to month calendar as well as week to week, and like with any basic online calendar, the website has the option to add task to each day. The online tutorial viewable on the first page, show the ability to separate work calendars from personal calendars. The website also suggested that there was an ability to keep notes collected in one place. I felt that this was something which my students could use in their classroom. Granted the downside to this concept is that it would be vital for each student to have access to the website in order to keep notes. There was not much that I disliked about the website as it was straightforward. As stated earlier, the website could be very useful as a classroom organization tool, and students would always have access to notes in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment