Sunday, February 2, 2014

Thing 3



                The blog that I chose was the Nerdy Teacher blog. I am setting out to be a high school English teacher. I can relate to the ideas and lesson plans that he lays out in his blog. The way that he writes about the students describes how I hope that I affect the students in my classroom. Right away off the first blog I saw, there was a lesson plan that I found potential for in my classroom. When covering Edgar Allen Poe, I could have students write their own ghost story, which is in theme with the Gothic style of Poe.
                I could definitely see myself using this blog as an inspiration for lesson plans. Not only did I find the lesson plans original, but I also found myself being inspired by how invested he is in he students. I could even find myself vising his blog just as an inspirational piece.

1 comment:

  1. I think your Edgar Allen Poe idea is great. I loved Edgar Allen Poe in High School but we never did any creative writing is a Poe style. I think it would have been more memorable for me if we did more creative writing. The only thing I do remember was we took a class field trip to an Edgar Allen Poe play, The Cask of Amontillado. Depending on time maybe you could have your students act out one of his poems. Although high school kids may think they are too cool for it, they will probably remember it years after!

    ReplyDelete