Thursday, February 27, 2014

Thing 19

           I have stated this in a previous blog, but using social media is 100% a great way to remind students about assignments that are due. I am completely for using social media in the classroom. I am also a firm believer in setting up a private page for yourself and a different page for your students. 
          I know one thing to keep my back side covered would be that I would be willing to give my social media passwords to my principals at any point in time. I am not a member of any other social media communities besides Twitter and Facebook, but I do plan on joining two from the list we were given. The first would be Classroom Ning. This website has a compilation of lesson plans and classroom activities posted by other teachers. When I went on this site it was President’s day. There were a variety of age group activities specifically centered around this holiday. 
          As I have stated in other blogs, I plan on being an English teacher. So of course I enjoy a good book, and I find scrolling through Books-a-Million to be a daunting task because I have read the majority of the books offered. I found GoodReads to be amazing, and plan on using it literally as soon as I get done with this blog. It will take into account books I have recently read and suggest books that I will probably enjoy. I cannot wait to become a member of this site!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had your withitness. If I could perform at yourt level and be at this point in my blogging I would have been able to sleep this evening instead of pulling an all-nighter. I firmly believe as well that the restrictions that CMCSS puts on the children to use media in the classroom is somewhat antiquated. The children could use the media to be able to increase their rigor on the topics that are discussed during the lesson. Some kids are so scared to show that they do not understand a topic that having the use of social media may help them feel less singled out and affirm that they are not alone in not knowing.

    ReplyDelete