Sunday, February 2, 2014

Thing 4



                At first I was very wary to comment on others thoughts. It almost seems like intruding on their diary, but that is the point of a blog. The idea of putting it all out there for others to read and comment if they choose. When commenting to students in class it felt like a way to relate and feel that we are all in the same boat. When commenting to others in the blogosphere it was more intimidating, but it was also nice to encourage other teachers and offer suggestions.
                Two points from the reading that I found important were that commenting gets your blogged noticed and showing the author that you hear them. This is the whole point of blogging, an online communication. Others want to say what they feel the world should hear, and so do you. The thing is if others don’t comment then how do we know if anyone is listening?
                The blogs that I selected in class are Suzette Pinnock, Lynn Torres, Candice Sommers, Courtney Comperry, and Delma Vasquez. The blogs that I choose outside of class include The Nerdy Teacher and Teacher Tom. The reason I chose these blogs was simply I related to them. The other students and I share the same fears of teaching. The Nerdy Teacher is out there teaching high school English and having an influence in his students lives. I relate to that as it is the ultimate goal for myself. Teacher Tom is a preschool teacher, and breaking up destructive playing on the playground. I can relate to this as my two year old boy often acts like Godzilla when others are playing with blocks.

2 comments:

  1. When we blog it should always be expected tha tresponse to follow as long as you are reaching the correct audience. I feel the same way at times commenting on others blogs when I do not know that individual or are not that familiar with what their topic may be. The comfort I find in this is that we are all in this together and working towards the same goals so hopefully no one will receive negatives from anyone. The downside to this is just that though. When you open yourself up to comments you have to be prepared to take the good with the bad. How you handle those and respond or not is up to you and how far you may wnat to deal with the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also at first thought commenting on a strangers blog was like reading about their most personal thoughts, but after reading the articles I understand the importance of commenting. Bloggers blog to see what other people thing about certain topics. Without comments, the bloggers would never get any feedback and thats exactly what they are looking for!

    ReplyDelete