Thursday, February 27, 2014

Thing 16

          The start page that I decided was best was from Symbaloo. I toured Ustart and Netvibes, but these seemed to be almost empty once I filled out my interest. I am a minimalist at heart, and I try to disconnect on a regular basis. It’s not that I am not opposed to technology, but I don’t let it take over my life. When it comes to things to tour out and use for personal life I pretty much stop with facebook. I use the internet for quick reference and research purposes, and that’s mainly why I decided to go with the start page from Symbaloo. Everything I need from the internet was directly off the home page. I did set this as my home page. 
          I use the online calendar Upto, on my phone regularly. I keep a record of things due for school, my son’s doctors’ appointments, and work events. I have not used the option to share my calendar with others as I don’t plan events with others often enough to have use for it. I feel like it would be useful with any type of big event. For instance, I was in an elaborate wedding recently, and since there were four parties leading up to the day of the wedding, an online calendar to plans these events would have been useful. The next event that I am in that is on that magnitude, I will suggest using a collaborative online calendar. The other tool that I chose was my stickies. I already use a form of sticky notes on my computer. I have done this for many years. At work, I realized how the sticky notes simply didn’t stick like I needed them to. This is a great application because the notes are always behind whatever you are working with on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment